Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1st of October 2008

Today is a rather special day. It is the People's Republic of China's National Day, as well as Hari Raya Puasa. Both holidays pertaining to the two major races of my country, yet not many local Chinese would know of Mao Zedong's declaration of PRC.

Anyway, today is also Children's Day and Isaac's birthday. What a coincidence.

This holiday season, I've probed many things, but among others, I found the value of leaving words unsaid, patience being more than just a virtue, and the realization that the first step to becoming someone you wish to become is to admit that you're not that someone yet.

Other than that, I've learnt the importance of not expecting to be treated differently. The reasoning behind that will be left for another day, but I'll still put this here just to remind myself should I come poring over these old archives!

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

No comments: