Wednesday, June 11, 2008

11th June 2008

I'm thinking of an idea to write a song for my assignment. But I am in a loss here. Maybe I need inspiration. So, I wanted to compose a song with the title of "Let the Healing Begin", but found out that the title was already taken up. So maybe I will name it "Let it Regenerate". Lyrics? I need help. Let's see...

Verse 1
I'll dwell no longer in this ward of mine
The bill's too high for my folks
It'll be his birthday 'fore the week is past
When I am gone, will he love me too

Verse 2
All he asked was a world without strife
He saw refugee camps, hostile guards and rats
An altar call to be a human bomb
The news reported, "Children killed in suicide attack"

Pre-chorus 1
Why, O Lord, do you stand far away
Why do you hide in our times of dismay

Chorus 1
Have we alienated from ourselves
Diverted one another
It's time to stop our running
Let it Regenerate

Bridge
The Being that can act and do
The Song that beautifies all things
The Hand that picks everyone off from the floor
And has the strength to carry all

Pre-chorus 2
What must I do, to renew our broken hearts
What can we do, to bring hope to this fallen land

Chorus 2
Have we alienated from ourselves
Diverted one another
It's time to face all our fears
Let it Regenerate
Hear my call, my brother
I need you here by my side
Hear my call, my sister
We're not in this alone

My first verse saw it's inspiration from a note left over by a married female who was 59 years of age. She stayed in hospital for more than two months and her condition was worsening despite of expensive treatment. She committed suicide days before his husband's birthday. (http://www.well.com/~art/suicidenotes.html)

My second verse was from from a poem I once read by Richard Macwilliam which talked about how the media always depicts terrorists as pure bad guys, but does not reveal their side of the story; of how the strong shows the weak no generosity other than in being more significant.

The first pre-chorus can be found in Psalms 10:1 by King David. He cries out because of all the wickedness and arrogance present in the world, yet understands that the time is not yet right for judgment to be passed.

The chorus was from a Crossroads meeting (part of my CCA) I went, and the speaker reasoned and logically deduced how we've alienated from nature, from one another, and ourselves.

The bridge was formed in awe and wonder of God, though his actions and "passivity" are beyond our understanding, never fails to deliver in the end.

The second pre-chorus was born from the need of so many people around the world, and the sudden realization of how insignificant I am.

The final part comes from a phrase I always keep inside my heart. "If He carried the weight of the world upon his shoulder, I know, my brother, that He will carry you; if He carried the weight
of the world upon his shoulder, I know, my sister, that He will carry you."

Argh. Hopefully this song can be accepted for the assignment. Argh. So long a song. Tune or comments, anyone?

No comments: