Monday, July 14, 2008

14th July 2008

As usual, after school every Monday, I went for the lesson at my piano teacher's house. Everything seemed normal until when I went inside the bungalow and started to put down my bag, I spotted from the corner of my eye, a rectangular shape of fur running towards me. Inevitably, it bumped into my feet and recoiled a little from the sudden halt. Then it stood on its hind legs and started prodding its nose at my legs, and next my feet; even my bag could not escape its inescapable snout. From a whole day of school, as well as a recent 10 minutes walk under the sun, my socks were definitely admittedly smelly. Yet that wasn't deterrence enough for that tough little fella.

Cut a long story short, my piano teacher's family got themselves a papillon puppy! Standing at a proud 30 cm, with a long silky black and white coat, a bushy tail that curves over its back, and ears shaped like the wings of a butterfly, I met 3 months old Noah. Will upload pictures next week! My phone ran out of battery. -_-"

While I walked the gauntlet up to the teaching room at the second floor, that little pipsqueak tailed behind my legs, sometimes, to my horror sneaking in between my moving legs. If it could think like me, it would most probably be saying "olé!" to itself. Multiple puppy
horror moments later, the maid promptly appeared and carried it away.

The same thing happened after the lesson when I was about to leave. It smelled me coming, raised its head from its prone position like all dogs do when they sense something approaching, got up to its legs and tiptoed towards my position. My evasive maneuvers were no match for its superior strafing skills, and I was soon assaulted by its olfactory organ once more. Don't ask me what that means, check dictionary.com! That's where I get all these cool but weird words from.

Today's event brought back a lot of memories, to more than twelve years ago, when I entered the very same house, mini umbrella in hand poised and ready to strike on any delinquent canine. I heard a high pitched bark, and distinguished those menacing butterfly ears. Soon after, little Mozart came charging out of the door, circled yours truly, who was trying my utmost best effort to defend myself from the cage of its white and black blur. Well, at least that was all I recall.

I might reminisce that truly, time motivates the unseen finger to turn the pages of my version of the world's story, and every now and then, a new chapter begins. Even though mine has only begun 18 years ago, many things have happened, that up to date, still continue to amaze and touch me.

I witnessed Mozart, another papillon puppy from an earlier age, grow to become the hero guardian of the house it was. It, too, observed me grow into the big bulk that I am now. Well not exactly now, because it passed away roughly two years ago.

I can't explain the emotion that I'm feeling right now. It isn't really grief, nor is it nostalgia, but it still gives me teary eyes. Though other than breed, they are not really related, but still, in Noah's eyes, I see Mozart's ghostly visage. The past comes floating through my mind; youthful exuberance, crazy fantasies and Friday nights; shattered dreams, wounded hearts and broken toys.

I wonder where do such faithful pets go after they die. Would I see Mozart, Noah, Iggy or even Teddy many years from now? Nevertheless, I trust God's perfect plan. Once again, somehow seemingly unrelated events cause me to stand in awe of God.

It rains because time passes by, never to be seen again. Yet the sun shines, as time has been God's tool in molding me into what I am. Thus, there is a rainbow in my heart.

For the first time; ShiningBlade, signing off. God bless.

No comments: